A different medium on writing that is current and trending these days is blogging. It updates any Internet user in the latest news happening in the industry. Blogging inspires others to blog as well and it may even become viral because of the number of readers every day.
Readers can comment on different blogs they follow or search in the Internet. It allows readers to express their opinions, ask questions or give testimonials to any topics under the sun. These comments help blogs improve their contents.
Way to comment properly on blogs
- Read the post thoroughly rather than skimming through it. Most people sometimes don’t read everything and give comment on the content without really knowing what it is about. Assuming about the topic and giving their opinion without being sure about it is pretty careless. If the commenter missed the point of the post then it may give a bad light to the blog itself. Intelligently and accurately comment on blogs so that it doesn’t give a harmful effect to the blogger.
- Don’t post as if you are writing a novel. Keep it at three sentences minimum. Others don’t have the time and patience to read a long comment from readers. Be direct to the point and don’t go around the bushes. Quality is better than quantity. It is also on way of keeping the other readers engaged.
- Use your real name instead of using a company name or a pseudonym. Let it be someone from the company for a long time. It helps build the authority of the person.
- Links are important for a blog. It enables the blog to gain more readers because of different links provided in the blog or other websites connected to it. It adds more potential for people to find your page especially when searching Yahoo, Google, Facebook and other social networking sites. You can also gain fans and followers because of different links.
- However, don’t put links in the comment itself. It may appear as spam to the blog owner and thus can block you from commenting further more in their blogs. It is not a vehicle for advertising.
- Know your target market then search for blogs that are relatable to them. Don’t limit yourself to just one topic because there may be other branches the readers like to read. Leave comments to relevant blogs that you read.
- Consistency is important so it is advisable to have one person commenting on a particular blog. You don’t want two people from the same company commenting on the same thing. It may appear as if you are spamming the blog. Also it may be bad if you disagree with the coworker’s comment on the same post and you definitely would want to avoid that.
- Make a list of blogs that have high traffic of visitors everyday. Write comments on them daily.. Be updated on news in the industry and expose your own brand out there.
Blog commenting is a new way also for SEO online marketing and it costs less. The target market is vital to the success of a brand and this is great way of putting your brand out there for the industry to feel its presence. Know the right way of commenting for it to be effective.